Attorneys must exercise “billing judgment," and “make a good-faith effort" to exclude charges and expenses “that are excessive, redundant, or otherwise unnecessary."
Hensley v. Eckerhart, 461 U.S. 424 (1983)
Everything You Want
- No installation required.
- Easily and automatically connects with your existing software.
- Adds powerful features that will speed up your billing.
- Assisted Billing helps with billing review by flagging bills and potential issues.
- Make your existing software smarter, easier and more accurate.
- No need to migrate your data.
- Automatically applies UTBMS/LEDES codes to time and expense entries.
- Learns and grows smarter from use, learns your unique billing needs.
- Standardizes UTBMS/LEDES coding, to make the codes useful.
- Standardizes text descriptions, to make your bills clean and professional.
- Suggests accurate descriptions of work.
- Automates the billing review process.
- Alerts for charges that appear to be too high.
- Alerts for non-standard billing entries or entries that appear to be incorrect.
- Remembers approved billing and uses artificial intelligence to improve billing.
- Can be used with almost any billing system, even proprietary platforms.
- No charge for Local Counsel users.
- Enables users to invite Local Counsel to log time and expense entries for particular matters.
- Local Counsel users can enter time for multiple firms.
- Local Counsel entries can be easily added to their own billing.
- Automates time and expense entries to make billing more accurate.
- Substantially reduces time spent reviewing bills.
What our customers are saying