and LEDES Coding Hassles
BillerAssist LEDES Edition‘s award-winning technology substantially reduces time spent on both legal billing entry and review.
- Uses your existing law firm billing software
- Prevent non-billable work with real-time notifications to all timekeepers
- Increases your firm’s realization and collection rates, while decreasing write-offs
- Maximizes income without raising hourly rates
- Automatically alerts for violations of your clients’ billing rules
- Automatically applies UTBMS/LEDES codes
- Learns from your own billing records, and from your changes
With our patent-pending AI machine learning systems, BillerAssist LEDES Edition gets smarter the more you use it!
Estimate assumes $375 /hr average partner billing rate, average of 10 hours per month per partner spent on cleaning up time and expense entries prior to submitting legal bills to clients, $250 /hr average timekeeper billing rate (including paralegals), average of 4 seconds per time or expense entry to use standard drop-down menu selection tools to add UTBMS codes to each entry, average of 250 entries per timekeeper per month.
Attorneys must exercise “billing judgment," and “make a good-faith effort" to exclude charges and expenses “that are excessive, redundant, or otherwise unnecessary."
Hensley v. Eckerhart, 461 U.S. 424 (1983)
Our app predicts what your time entry will be as you type it!
ASSISTED TIME ENTRY:
Our app works in real time, notifying your attorneys and paralegals along the way when the amount of time they allocate to a specific task or a particular matter is unreasonable or excessive. This means excessive entries get corrected along the way.
In addition, the Assisted Time Entry feature notifies your timekeepers when their entries violate your clients’ billing rules. This means non-compliant entries also get corrected along the way.
Moreover, the Assisted Time Entry feature helps your attorneys and paralegals standardize their time entries to follow specific formats, diction, and conventions, before any partner has to make revisions.
ASSISTED BILLING REVIEW:
Our patent-pending Assisted Billing Review feature provides clear color codes for particular time or expense entries that are excessive or unreasonable. Assisted Billing Review also tells you when the total amount of time accumulated in a particular matter is becoming excessive or unreasonable.
This feature also provides clear alerts regarding any remaining issues as to your clients’ billing rules. This ensures compliance, and reduces manual review time to almost zero.
In addition, Assisted Billing Review helps you standardize your bills, by letting you know when a particular text description in a time entry is unusual. It makes your bills more professional!
AI MACHINE LEARNING:
BillerAssist LEDES Edition learns from your changes. This means our app becomes more and more accurate and helpful as you use it.
ACCURATE: Our patent-pending software provides accurate codes for all LEDES tasks and expenses.
BillerAssist LEDES Edition uses your own billing data to provide accurate codes for all UTBMS tasks and expenses — just the way you like them!
If your law firm is new to LEDES coding, don't worry — you can simply use our data to complete the automation!
Before you send any legal bills to your clients using your own law firm billing software, BillerAssist LEDES Edition also allows you to easily and quickly review all the automatically applied UTBMS codes and make any changes you want.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: Our app learns from your prior edits and corrected LEDES coded entries. It also becomes more and more accurate as you use it thanks to advanced AI technology.
BillerAssist LEDES Edition works with many online law firm billing software and practice management systems, like Clio.
BillerAssist LEDES Edition also works with many self-hosted or locally installed systems, like Sage TimeSlips.
We also offer integration services. If you use a proprietary or other non-standard billing system, please contact us at info@EffortlessLegal.com, and ask for BillerAssist LEDES Edition integration.or
EffortlessLegal takes security seriously.
Like most quality online systems, all of your data with our app is encrypted both “in transit" and “at rest."
In other words, all transmissions to and from the BillerAssist LEDES Edition service, and all items stored in the BillerAssist LEDES Edition system, are all encrypted using at least 256-bit SSL certificates, providing strong “bank-grade" security.
As an additional security measure, our systems are regularly checked and certified by security experts who specialize in high-risk industries like banking and financial services. Contact us if you would like a copy of the latest report.
For more information about how we secure your data, please see: Data Security and Protection
Our highest priority to provide an awesome user experience. We incorporate extensive user testing and feedback into all of our products.
BillerAssist LEDES Edition was tested and refined for several years in live law firms before we released it!
We allow you to add Local Counsel users to your account for no extra charge.
You can also assign only specific matters to your Local Counsel, in order that they see only what they need.
This allows you to easily and quickly get your Local Counsel's time entries and expenses entered into your billing system.
And all of their time and expense entries will be standardized and automatically UTBMS-coded, just like yours!
Everything You Want
- Easily and automatically connects with your existing law firm billing software.
- Predicts what your time entry will be as you type it.
- Adds powerful features that will speed up your billing.
- Make your existing law firm billing software smarter, easier and more accurate.
- Invite lawyers not with your firm (Local Counsel) to log time for your clients.
- Automatically applies UTBMS codes to time and expense entries.
- Learns and grows smarter from use, learns your unique billing needs.
- Automates your billing review process.
- Suggests accurate descriptions of work.
- Standardizes UTBMS coding, to make the codes useful.
- Assisted Billing helps with billing review by flagging bills with potential issues.
- No installation required.
- Remembers approved billing and uses artificial intelligence to improve billing.
- Can be used with any law firm billing system and even proprietary billing systems.
- Enables users to invite Local Counsel to log time and expense entries for particular matters.
- No need to migrate your data.
- Can be customized for specific billing systems, even proprietary billing systems.
- Local Counsel entries can be easily added to their own billing.
- Alerts for billing that appears to be over billed or under billed.
- Alerts for non-standard billing entries or entries that appear to be incorrect.
- Standardizes text descriptions, to make your bills clean and professional.