Computer Assisted Billing
BillerAssist substantially reduces the amount of time involved in your billing process.
· Tells you when a charge is unreasonable
· Learns from your changes
· Helps standardize your billing entries for cleaner bills
· Gets your bills done in a snap
Tedious billing is now the old way of doing things. The faster, cheaper, and better way is BillerAssist.
Estimate assumes $375 /hr average partner billing rate, average of 10 hours per month per partner spent on cleaning up time and expense entries prior to submitting bills to clients.
Attorneys must exercise “billing judgment," and “make a good-faith effort" to exclude charges and expenses “that are excessive, redundant, or otherwise unnecessary."
Hensley v. Eckerhart, 461 U.S. 424 (1983)
PREDICTIVE BILLING: Our app predicts what your time entry will be as you type it! This helps substantially speed up the process of entering time.
ASSISTED BILLING REVIEW: Our patent-pending Assisted Billing Review feature tells you when a particular time entry is excessive or unreasonable.
In addition, Assisted Billing Review helps you standardize your bills, by letting you know when a particular text description in a time entry is unusual. It makes your bills more professional!
Assisted Billing Review will soon also include a feature that tells you when the total amount of time accumulated in a particular matter is becoming excessive or unreasonable.
ASSISTED TIME ENTRY: BillerAssist works in real time, notifying attorneys and paralegals along the way when the amount of time they allocate to a specific task is unreasonable or excessive. This means excessive entries get corrected along the way.
The Assisted Time Entry feature also helps attorneys and paralegals standardize their time entries to follow specific formats, diction, and conventions, before any partner has to make revisions.
MACHINE LEARNING: BillerAssist learns from your changes. BillerAssist becomes more and more accurate and helpful as you use it.
BillerAssist works with many online billing and practice management systems, like Clio.
BillerAssist also works with many self-hosted or locally installed systems, like TimeSlips.
We also offer integration services. If you use a proprietary or other non-standard billing system, please contact us at info@EffortlessLegal.com, and ask for BillerAssist integrationor
BillerAssist helps you get your bills done at lightning speed.
BillerAssist substantially reduces the time it takes for you to clean up your bills. It also speeds up the ease and accuracy for your attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff to log time and expense entries.
EffortlessLegal takes security seriously.
Our systems are regularly checked and certified by security experts. Contact us if you would like a copy of the latest report.
Like most quality online systems, all of your data with our app is encrypted both “in transit" and “at rest." In other words, all transmissions to and from the BillerAssist service, and all items stored in the BillerAssist system, are all encrypted using at least 256-bit SSL certificates, providing strong “bank-grade" security.
As an additional and unique security measure, all of your confidential data is locked up with your own “account level" encryption key. This means that, even if hackers are somehow able to penetrate our various security measures, the hackers will still not be able to read your confidential information.
In addition, your sensitive and confidential data is only stored in BillerAssist for a short period of time. All data containing any client or matter references, billing rates, or any reference to your firm or any of its attorneys is automatically deleted from the BillerAssist system within 60 days after you are done using it. The rest is stored in your own billing system!
Only the non-confidential “metadata" — i.e., anonymized data, with no reference to any client, matter, attorney, law firm, or billing rate — is stored past the 60-day mark, and is encrypted “in transit" and “at rest" just like it is in most quality online billing platforms. This is the data that allows your billing process to become more and more efficient. But it has zero value to a hacker that might try to steal it.
We are committed to providing an awesome user experience.
Toward that end, BillerAssist was thoroughly tested and proven for over one year in a live law firm before it was released to the public!
We allow you to add Local Counsel users to your account for no extra charge.
You can also assign only specific matters to your Local Counsel, in order that they see only what they need.
This allows you to easily and quickly get your Local Counsel's time entries and expenses entered into your billing system.
And all of their time and expense entries will be standardized, just like yours!
- No installation required.
- Automates your billing review process.
- Can be used stand alone, with any billing system and even proprietary billing systems.
- Can be customized for specific billing systems, even proprietary billing systems.
- Invite lawyers not with your firm (Local Counsel) to log time for your clients.
- Enables users to invite Local Counsel to log time and expense entries for particular matters.
- Local Counsel entries can be easily added to their own billing.
- Automates time and expense entries to make billing more accurate.
- Alerts for charges that appear to be too high.
- Alerts for non-standard billing entries or entries that appear to be incorrect.
- Remembers approved billing and uses artificial intelligence to improve billing.
- Predicts what your time entry will be as you type it.
- Easily and automatically connects with your existing software.
- Adds powerful features that will speed up your billing.
- Make your existing billing software smarter, easier and more accurate.
- No need to migrate your data.
- Make entries by voice – confidentially, and securely.
- Learns and grows smarter from use, learns your unique billing needs.
- Suggests accurate descriptions of work.
- Standardizes text descriptions, to make your bills clean and professional.
- Assisted Billing helps with billing review by flagging bills with potential issues.