Maximizes Billable Time
Automatically flags “problem" entries
Users can easily avoid non-billable work
Billing review is easy — just look for the color codes!
See It In Action
Video length = 2:58 minutes
BillerAssist‘s technology offers these benefits:
· Uses your existing legal billing system, and your own billing data
· Prevents non-billable work with real-time notifications to all users
· Comply with client billing rules and guidelines, configurable by client or matter
· Learns from your own billing records, and from your changes
· Increases your firm’s realization and collection rates, by decreasing write-downs, write-offs, billing disputes, and non-billable work
· Maximizes income without raising hourly rates
· Android and iOS apps also included
Tedious legal billing is the old way of doing things. The faster, cheaper, and better way is BillerAssist.
What Our Users Are Saying
Estimate assumes $375 /hr average partner billing rate, average of 10 hours per month per partner spent on cleaning up time and expense entries prior to submitting bills to clients.
How It Works
Attorneys must exercise “billing judgment," and “make a good-faith effort" to exclude charges and expenses “that are excessive, redundant, or otherwise unnecessary."
Hensley v. Eckerhart, 461 U.S. 424 (1983)
Our app predicts what your time entry will be as you type it!
ASSISTED TIME ENTRY:
Our app works in real time, notifying your attorneys and paralegals along the way when the amount of time they allocate to a specific task or a particular matter is unreasonable or excessive. This means write-downs and write-offs get eliminated along the way.
In addition, the Assisted Time Entry feature notifies your timekeepers when their entries violate your clients’ billing guidelines and rules. You can easily configure the settings for specific clients or specific matters. This means non-compliant entries also get corrected along the way.
Moreover, the Assisted Time Entry feature helps your attorneys and paralegals standardize their time entries to follow specific formats, diction, and conventions, before any partner has to make revisions.
ASSISTED BILLING REVIEW:
Our Assisted Billing Review feature provides clear color codes for particular legal time or expense entries that are excessive or unreasonable. Assisted Billing Review also tells you when the total amount of time accumulated in a particular matter becomes excessive or unreasonable.
This feature also provides clear alerts regarding any remaining issues as to your clients’ billing rules. This ensures compliance, and reduces manual review time to almost zero.
In addition, Assisted Billing Review helps you standardize your bills, by letting you know when a particular text description in a time entry is unusual. It makes your bills more professional!
BillerAssist learns from your changes. This means our legal billing software becomes more accurate and more helpful as you use it.
BillerAssist works with many legal billing & law practice management software, like Clio.
BillerAssist also works with many self-hosted or locally installed systems, like TimeSlips software.
We also offer integration services. If you use a proprietary or other non-standard billing system, please contact us at info@EffortlessLegal.com, and ask for BillerAssist integration.or
BillerAssist helps you get your bills done at lightning speed.
BillerAssist substantially reduces the time it takes for you to clean up your bills. It also speeds up the ease and accuracy for your attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff to log time and expense entries.
EffortlessLegal takes security seriously.
Like most quality online systems, all of your data with our app is encrypted both “in transit" and “at rest."
In other words, all transmissions to and from the BillerAssist service, and all items stored in the BillerAssist system, are all encrypted using at least 256-bit SSL certificates, providing strong “bank-grade" security.
As an additional security measure, our systems are regularly checked and certified by security experts who specialize in high-risk industries like banking and financial services. Contact us if you would like a copy of the latest report.
For more information about how we secure your data, please see: Data Security and Protection
We are committed to providing an awesome user experience.
Toward that end, BillerAssist was thoroughly tested and proven for several years in live law firms before it was released to the public!
We allow you to add Local Counsel users to your account for no extra charge.
You can also assign only specific matters to your Local Counsel, in order that they see only what they need.
This allows you to easily and quickly get your Local Counsel’s time entries and expenses entered into your legal billing system.
And all of their time and expense entries will be standardized, just like yours!
- No installation required.
- Automates your billing review process.
- Can be used with almost any legal billing software or system, even proprietary billing systems.
- Can be customized for specific billing systems, even proprietary billing systems.
- Invite lawyers not with your firm (Local Counsel) to log time for your clients.
- Enables users to invite Local Counsel to log time and expense entries for particular matters.
- Local Counsel entries can be easily added to their own billing.
- Automates time and expense entries to make billing more accurate.
- Alerts for charges that appear to be too high.
- Alerts for non-standard billing entries or entries that appear to be incorrect.
- Remembers approved billing and uses artificial intelligence to improve billing.
- Predicts what your time entry will be as you type it.
- Easily and automatically connects with your existing software.
- Adds powerful features that will speed up your billing.
- Make your existing legal billing software smarter, easier and more accurate.
- No need to migrate your data.
- Learns and grows smarter from use, learns your unique billing needs.
- Suggests accurate descriptions of work.
- Standardizes text descriptions, to make your bills clean and professional.
- Assisted Billing helps with billing review by flagging bills with potential issues.