Automates Your LEDES/UTBMS Coding
LedesAssist eliminates the need for time-consuming and tedious LEDES/UTBMS coding:
· Automatically LEDES codes your entries as you bill, or processes an entire month of entries in minutes!
· No more scrolling through menus to select the proper codes for each entry
· No more idiosyncratic or erroneous codes
· Learns from your changes
LEDES coding is now completely automated and accurate!
ACCURATE: Our patent-pending process provides accurate codes for all LEDES tasks and expenses.
LedesAssist uses your own billing data to provide accurate codes for all UTBMS tasks and expenses — just the way you like them!
If your firm is new to LEDES coding, don’t worry — you can just use our data to complete the automation!
Before you send any bills to your clients using your own billing system, LedesAssist also allows you to easily and quickly review all the automatically applied UTBMS codes and make any changes you want.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: Learns from your prior edits and corrected LEDES coded entries. It also becomes more and more accurate as you use it thanks to our patent-pending AI technology.
LedesAssist works with many online billing and practice management systems, like Clio.
It also works with many self-hosted or locally installed systems, like TimeSlips.
We also offer integration services. If you use a proprietary or other non-standard billing system, please contact us at or info@EffortlessLegal.com, and ask for LedesAssist integration.
LedesAssist works at rocket speed!
It automatically codes time and expense entries as you enter them. It works completely behind the scenes, with nothing for you to do at all!
You can also use it to automatically add UTBMS codes to pre-entered time entries. Using this feature, you can code an entire month’s worth of time entries for dozens of attorneys and paralegals in a matter of minutes.
EffortlessLegal takes security seriously.
Our systems are regularly checked and certified by security experts. Contact us if you would like a copy of the latest report.
Like most quality online systems, all of your data with our app is encrypted both “in transit" and “at rest." In other words, all transmissions to and from the LedesAssist service, and all items stored in our system, are all encrypted using at least 256-bit SSL certificates, providing strong “bank-grade" security.
As an additional and unique security measure, all of your confidential data is locked up with a separate “application level" encryption key. This means that, even if hackers are somehow able to penetrate our various security measures, the hackers will still not be able to read your confidential information.
In addition, your sensitive and confidential data is only stored in LedesAssist for a short period of time. All data containing any client or matter references, billing rates, or any reference to your firm or any of its attorneys is automatically deleted from the LedesAssist system within 90 days after you are done using it. The rest is stored in your own billing system!
Only the non-confidential “metadata" — i.e., anonymized data, with no reference to any client, matter, attorney, law firm, or billing rate — is stored past the 90-day mark, and is encrypted “in transit" and “at rest" just like it is in most quality online billing systems, as well as with our “application level" encryption. This is the data that allows your billing process to become more and more efficient. But it has zero value to a hacker that might try to steal it.
For more information about encryption, and why it is important, please see our article on the subject!
EffortlessLegal places user experience above all else. We incorporate extensive user testing and feedback into all of our products.
LedesAssist was tested for over one year in a live law firm before release!
We allow you to add Local Counsel users to your account for no extra charge.
You can also assign only specific matters to your Local Counsel, in order that they see only what they need.
This allows you to easily and quickly get your Local Counsel’s time entries and expenses entered into your billing system.
And all of their time and expense entries will be automatically UTBMS-coded, just like yours!
Detailed List of Features
- Easily and automatically connects with your existing software.
- Automatically applies accurate LEDES/UTBMS codes as you bill.
- Local Counsel can easily add entries to their own billing.
- Adds powerful features that will speed up your billing.
- Make your existing software smarter, easier and more accurate.
- Automatically applies UTBMS codes to time and expense entries.
- Learns and grows smarter from use, learns your unique billing needs.
- Enables users to invite Local Counsel to log time and expense entries for particular matters.
- No installation required.
- No need to migrate your data.
- Allows batch-processing to code an entire month of entries in just minutes
- Remembers approved billing and uses artificial intelligence to improve billing.
- Can be used stand alone, with any billing system and even proprietary billing systems.
- Can be customized for specific billing systems, even proprietary billing systems.
- Invite lawyers not with your firm (Local Counsel) to log time for your clients.
- Local Counsel users can enter time for multiple firms.